Reading Problems? see Enabling Malayalam
Malayalam Computing സംരംഭത്തില് നിന്ന്
Ubuntu GNU/Linux 8.04
- Download the necessary packages from here install them using the dpkg command.
- Uncompress the downloaded file
- Open a terminal and cd to the directory and issue the command:
sudo dpkg -i *.deb
Ubuntu GNU/Linux 7.10
- Download the CD Image for Ubuntu
- Download the Malayalam patch CD Image for Ubuntu 7.10
- Burn the ISO to CD (choose the option burn from image in your cd burning application; on GNU/Linux systems, right click on the ISO file and choose 'write to disk' option)
- Open synaptic package manager (Desktop -> Administration -> Synaptic package manager)
- In synaptic edit menu, choose add cdrom
- Search for the package "ml-ubuntu-patch"
- Mark for installation
- Apply to start installing the application
- If you prefer to use a terminal then
- Log in as root and give the following two commands
- apt-cdrom add
- apt-get install ml-ubuntu-patch (for ubuntu 7.10)
This will install few patches that fix the rendering issues in GNOME and OpenOffice and install the fonts Rachana, Meera and Suruma.
The CDROM also contain packages for phonetic input (Swanalekha and Mozhi). The package ml-phonetic will install SCIM and the phonetic malayalam input methods.